- The Skyliners’ hit “Since I don’t have You” would be the first Rock and Roll record with a String Arrangement. Unfortunately this would be the year the Music Died…
- February 3, 1959, Clear Lake Iowa a small plane would crash killing the pilot, Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens and J.P.”The Big Bopper” Richardson. (In 1971 Don McLean would write about that day with his song, “American Pie”.
- England has it’s first Rock and Roll Star, Cliff Richardson.
- Chuck Berry is convicted under the Mann Act for “transporting a minor across state lines”, He would spend time in jail (it was a bogus charge).
- Dick Clark takes his Cavalcade of Stars on the Road and the Payola Scandals gain notoriety.
Search: Artist/Title *
* Search Tips
Some recent comments…
Blogs by Date…
Archive of monthly postings…
Follow us on TwitterClick here: Tweet
Music and text in this web site…
Click Play Button to hear music / click Pause || to STOP music.
What, no Music Player? This may be a Browser problem. See "Audio Player" under ABOUT US.
NOTE: A large percentage of material used in this blog is the property of the originators, and it will be removed upon their request. Please support the artists and buy their music.
U.S. Copyright Disclaimer:
Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for “fair use” for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair Use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favour of fair use.