- The Twist is the first and only record to become number 1 again!
- Stuart Sutcliffe an original Beatle dies of a Brain Haemorrhage at the age of 22.
- Female voices top the Charts, with as many as 13 single singers and 5 female groups.
- Peter Paul and Mary boost Folk Music and lay the ground work for a new type of music “The Protest Song”.
- In California a group called “The Beach Boys” is making it big with the new “Surfin’ Sound”.
- Original drummer Pete Best is asked to leave the group and is replaced by Ringo Starr and they record their first Original Song “Love Me Do”.
- School friend Keith Richards and Mick Jagger begin sitting in with a band called Korner’s Blues Incorporated and their drummer is a guy named Charlie Watts. The three meet Brian Jones and bill Wyman and the Stone’s are born.
- Finally “Soul” music gets some attention through, Sam Cooke, Solomon Burke, Otis Redding, Aretha Franklin and Carla Thomas.
Search: Artist/Title *
* Search Tips
Some recent comments…
- John Henderson on Buddy Holly (Originator/Pioneer/Set the standard for all Rock Groups)
- HUGH "BABE" O'DONNELL on Buddy Holly (Originator/Pioneer/Set the standard for all Rock Groups)
- HUGH "BABE" O'DONNELL on The Rock and Roll Explosion (1955-1957)
- RussGary on Some of My Favourite Sax Players
- HUGH "BABE" O'DONNELL on Some of My Favourite Sax Players
Blogs by Date…
Archive of monthly postings…
Follow us on TwitterClick here: Tweet
Music and text in this web site…
Click Play Button to hear music / click Pause || to STOP music.
What, no Music Player? This may be a Browser problem. See "Audio Player" under ABOUT US.
NOTE: A large percentage of material used in this blog is the property of the originators, and it will be removed upon their request. Please support the artists and buy their music.
U.S. Copyright Disclaimer:
Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for “fair use” for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair Use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favour of fair use.