- This would be the year of the British Invasion and the Beatles. Capitol Records releases the first Beatles Album, “Meet the Beatles”. On Friday Feb 7th. 25,000 screaming fans greet the Fab Four at Kennedy Airport. On Feb 9th. they make their first appearance on the “Ed Sullivan Show”.
- On Wednesday Sept/16, the greatest live TV Music Show, “Shindig” makes it’s debut.
- On June 1st. the Rolling Stones arrive at Kennedy Airport.
- On Sept 4th. the Animals debut in Brooklyn’s Paramount Theatre and “House of the Rising Sun” goes to #1.
- In March, Dick Clark moves American Bandstand from Philadelphia to California.
- In their first year on the National Charts, The Beatles score 6 #1 hits and 15 singles listed. This record is not likely to be broken.
A group from South Bend Indiana. https://strathdee.wordpress.com/2010/06/23/lss-the-rivieras-california-sun/