- On January 8th, the best live music show ever created, “Shindig” is broadcast for the last time. The producers forgot what made it popular and attempted to change it, sad.
- The statement from John Lennon stating “that the Beatles are more popular than Jesus Christ” is published and hostility towards the Beatles world wide heats up.
- NBC cancels “Hullabaloo”.
- The Cassette, invented in 1954 is introduced commercially.
- Bob Dylan is in a serious Motorcycle accident and spends a month in Hospital.
- Columbia Pictures decides to create a TV series based on the Beatles Movie “Hard Days Night”.
- The Music director is Don Kirshner and Mike Nesmith, Peter Tork, Mickey Dolenz and Davy Jones create “The Monkees” which debuts in September. It is an instant smash and the Monkees recordings fly to Gold.
- John Lennon meets Yoko Ono.
- A group called “The Experience” records the song Hey Joe and appears on “Ready Steady Go”, the record becomes a big hit in England launching the career of one Jimi Hendrix.
- The Beatles appear for the last time in concert at Candlestick Park, San Francisco, Aug/29 to 25,000 screaming fans and the last song played was, Little Richard’s Long Tall Sally.
Search: Artist/Title *
* Search Tips
Some recent comments…
- HUGH "BABE" O'DONNELL on Buddy Holly (Originator/Pioneer/Set the standard for all Rock Groups)
- HUGH "BABE" O'DONNELL on The Rock and Roll Explosion (1955-1957)
- RussGary on Some of My Favourite Sax Players
- HUGH "BABE" O'DONNELL on Some of My Favourite Sax Players
- Brian Bailey on Some of My Favourite Sax Players
Blogs by Date…
Archive of monthly postings…
Follow us on TwitterClick here: Tweet
Music and text in this web site…
Click Play Button to hear music / click Pause || to STOP music.
What, no Music Player? This may be a Browser problem. See "Audio Player" under ABOUT US.
NOTE: A large percentage of material used in this blog is the property of the originators, and it will be removed upon their request. Please support the artists and buy their music.
U.S. Copyright Disclaimer:
Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for “fair use” for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair Use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favour of fair use.